lördag 22 oktober 2011

Less than life

It was as if I could see myself from above. As if I was a cold breeze, sneaking through the window. Never could I have imagined myself in such a place. The naked walls, glaring at me. Mocking me with blank expressions. The dirty floor… "What on earth am I doing here?"

I lit a cigarette, inhaled as I let my thoughts drift away and sail upon my destiny. Had it been fate that led me into this condemned abyss, or had I led myself there, I wondered. I could taste blood in my mouth.

One, two, three, forty hours passed. Whenever I tried to stand, I would fall back down like the last domino in an ever-long line. There I lay, in the corner of the dark and dusty room, outside which I had not been for weeks, save the occasional promenades for cigarettes and bread.

"I must get out", I thought to myself.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar