måndag 9 april 2012

Parachute

I was trying to draw a parachute and I couldn't fucking get it right
The lines were too crooked
or they didn't reach each other like I wanted them too
or one side was bigger than the other
or one side was uglier than the other

So I struggled with it
Erased, re-drew, erased, re-drew.
And suddenly I realized
that I had been stuck on one of its sides
trying to fix it and trying to
make it match the other,
make it make the parachute perfect.

It hit me
that I couldn't keep myself fixated on only one of the sides
it's a fucking parachute
it needs to be balanced
and harmonic, and the sides need to be equal
and they deserve the equal amount of attention
and it's not fair
to rely on one of them
for stability and support
and protection from falling
or failing.

In the process of drawing the perfect parachute, I stumbled upon reality.
And actually,
there is no such thing as "perfect"
I'd like to know who coined that word
or portrayed that vision
of something flawless,
making the world miserable
constantly forgetting what it actually has,
in search of this undefinable, abstract [questionmark]

In the deepest of concentration, a thought crossed my mind:
that I was making the same mistake with the parachute
as I did with us.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar