måndag 18 april 2011

"You killed it, with 'I love you'"

Sometimes I'm struck by a fact that I usually despise. I'm human. I'm only human. What makes me realise that is my life. Or just life itself. It is full of surprises and it never calms down. Sometimes I see things, things that I haven't seen before, and I feel so stupid and ignorant for not having understood those things until that certain moment. Sometimes, circumstances are overwhelming. Imagine that you're on a yacht, a luxurious yacht with all the material things that you could ever wish for. You feel safe, you feel settled. You're with some people who make you comfortable enough, they aren't extraordinary but they're OK. Everything is just OK. And all of a sudden, the yacht sinks. It's fate, it's a coincidence, it's whatever; it happens. The yacht sinks and you find yourself struggling, the waves are so much stronger than you. You're so small, you have no control, you're in over your head - literally. All of a sudden, you're safety zone is below the surface and you're OK surrounding is gone.

You'd come across the greatest feeling of despair, confusion and fear. That's life. Things happen, you can't control it. And the beautiful thing about it is what I want you to imagine next. You're almost ready to give up, to let go, to become one with the great sea and there they are. New people. A rescue team, the Scouts or just a bunch of random people on a fishing boat. They're there now, they're the ones who save you. And you're experience did not make your life better or worse, it just put it into new perspective.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar