söndag 12 december 2010

In dreams of love (part two)

She had become restless, when the time we had spent under the tree reached over three hours. I would have spent my very last minute in life there with her if I could, but her wish was somehow my command. We started walking further into the forest. Every now and then she would pick up a branch or two, either to throw them as far away as she could, or to poke me with them.

"I believe in reincarnation" she said happily, jumping on one foot.

"What do you want to be in your next life?" I asked her.

"I won't say bird. I bet you think I want to be a bird, but I don't. Only people with no imagination would want to be birds. Life is not about being able to fly away from pain and cold whenever you feel like it. Life is about living in peace. I would want to be... A hippo. Or maybe a giraffe. But that's mostly because I think they're beautiful. Giraffes."

Her answer blew me off. Had it been a couple of years ago, or other lips than those of hers, those with perfect lines and flawless softness... I would have laughed in my silence at that answer. I didn't laugh. I felt it had a depth to it that nobody else would have seen but me. I felt our connection somehow.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar